Tutorial for 89Sabers MPP Chassis
1- 3D printed Chassis parts:
Shapeways Shop Section ⇒ C7 – 89Sabers
The Saber Armory shop =>ECO Chassis / PIY Files
3chassis levels are available for the 89Sabers Darth Vader (or Korbanth MPP2.5) saber Kit:
– ECO Chassis / PIY Files: for a budget install.
– Apprentice for a basic install, with 2 variants and chassis mainly focused on securing all your electronics.
– Sith Master for crystal chamber reveal with parts that can be printed in metal and revealed by unscrewing the bottom section.
Sith Master Chassis:
WORK IN PROGRESS
(additional cost depending on material used for the Crystal Chamber part)
Install Level: Intermediate
⇒ Part 1 – Main Chassis :
⇒ Part 2 – :
⇒ Part 3 – :
Prices: Depends on the materials selected and Shapeways current rate. Build your cart using the links below in order to get a price estimate for the full chassis.
Install Level: Beginner
Variant 1 for 18650 battery
⇒ Chassis Var1: 89sabers-vader-mpp-apprentice-var1
Variant 2 for removable battery
⇒ Chassis Var2: 89sabers-vader-mpp-apprentice-var2
ECO Chassis / PIY Files Chassis:
⇒ ECO Chassis Var1: 89sabers-mpp-variant-1-fdm-eco-chassis
⇒ PIY Files Var1: 89sabers-mpp-variant-1-fdm-chassis-stl-file
⇒ ECO Chassis Var2: 89sabers-mpp-variant-2-fdm-eco-chassis
⇒ PIY Files Var2: 89sabers-mpp-variant-2-fdm-chassis-stl-file
2- Additional chassis parts:
Most of the chassis parts needed for our chassis are available at The Saber Armory.
Local hobby stores or online store (as well as eBay) are a good source for parts.
You can also be inventive and add any custom parts, wire mesh, paint job or else to your chassis to give it an unique look!
No additional parts needed on the Padawan chassis
3- DIY empty hilts:
⇒ Check on The Saber Armory
4– Electronic components and blades:
Saber electronic components are basically more or less similar from one saber to another. You’ll need a main Led, a Battery, a recharge port, one or two switches, a soundboard, accent leds, a speaker and wires. Then the blade is the last part of your saber, they are usually made from PolyCarbonate tubes + tip.
You can find most of what you’ll need at The Saber Armory. Some components can also be found at The Saber Bay on Etsy. Local electronic shops or online stores like Digikey are also a good source.
Plecter Labs – NB, Prizm 5.1, CF9.
Naigon Elelctronic Creations – I3 or other NEC boards.
Padawan Var1: 18650 battery
Padawan Var2: Keystone Battery Holder
⇒ Recharge Port, Padawan Var1: 2.1mm port (kill key included).
⇒ Battery charger, according to the battery voltage used.
⇒ Main Led, Tri-Cree XPE-2 or Neopixel
⇒ Switches are probided with the hilt.
⇒ On / Off Switch (Padawan Var2) – slider switch (example).
⇒ Speaker, 28mm Bass Speaker
⇒ Accent Leds
⇒ Wires, we strongly recommend PTFE wires, as the insulation is thin while still able to handle current very well. You can find them from this eBay shop for example. Use the smallest AWG size possible:
– Tri-Cree install => 30awg for eveything
– Neopixel install => 32 awg wires for everything except Battery and Neopixel strip + and – (24awg PTFE).
⇒ Heat shrink tubing, to protect your joints.
⇒ 1″ OD Blades.
Quick Install Guide:
– These instructions will details the install procedure as much as possible. GOTH-3Designs cannot be held responsible for any mistakes made by DIYers.
– Always wear protective gear when working on install (gloves, eye protection, …), GOTH-3Designs cannot be held responsible in case of accident.
Note 1: Recharge port wiring reminder:
Note 2: MultiBoards Adaptive Chassis 4.0
Work in progress