Shapeways Shop Section ⇒ C15 – Watto’s junkyard
– Sith Apprentice Chassis – Approx $50 (Depending on material and Shapeways current pricing)
Easy to install All.In.One chassis, in 2 variants (Recharge Port or Removable Battery). Compatible with all major soundboards with MultiBoards Adaptive Chassis (NB, Proffie, Prizm5.1, I3, CF9).
⇒ Chasiss Var1 (Recharge port): watto-s-junkyard-dark-lord-var1-apprentice
⇒ Chasiss Var2 (removable battery): watto-s-junkyard-dark-lord-var2-apprentice
– Sith Master Chassis – Approx $TBD (Depending on material and Shapeways current pricing)
WORK IN PROGRESS
2- DIY empty hilts:
⇒ Contact Watto’s Junkyard
3- Electronic components and blades:
Saber electronic components are basically more or less similar from one saber to another. You’ll need a main Led, a Battery, a recharge port, one or two switches, a soundboard, accent leds, a speaker and wires. Then the blade is the last part of your saber, they are usually made from PolyCarbonate tubes + tip.
You can find most of what you’ll need at The Saber Armory. Some components can also be found at The Saber Bay on Etsy. Local electronic shops or online stores like Digikey are also a good source.
⇒ Soundboard, MultiBoards Adaptive Chassis. Can hold: ProffieBoard, Plecter Labs (NB, Prizm5.1, CF9) and NEC (I3 and equivalent).
⇒ Battery, Var1 18659 li-ion battery, Var2 Keystone 18650 holder
⇒ Recharge Port, Var1 2.1m.
⇒ Kill Switch, Var2.
⇒ Battery charger, 3.7v Charger.
⇒ Main Led, Tri-Cree XPE-2 or Neopixel
⇒ Heatsink, included with the hilt or Neopixel pogo-pin holder (available here)
⇒ Switches, tactile switches.
⇒ Speaker, 28mm Bass speaker
⇒ Wires, we strongly recommend PTFE wires, as the insulation is thin while still able to handle current very well. Use the smallest AWG size possible:
– Tri-Cree install => 30awg for eveything
– Neopixel install => 32 awg wires for everything except Battery and Neopixel strip + and – (24awg PTFE).
⇒ Heat shrink tubing, to protect your solder joints.
⇒ 1″ OD blade or 7/8″ OD blade (with 1″ adapter) for the main blade.
Back to top
(step by step)
– These instructions will details the install procedure as much as possible. GOTH-3Designs cannot be held responsible for any mistakes made by DIYers.
– Always wear protective gear when working on install (gloves, eye protection, …), GOTH-3Designs cannot be held responsible in case of accident.
Note 1: Use small wires to make your install easier
=> for Tri-cree install 30awg for main wires and 32awg for accent leds and switches are highly recommended
=> for Neopixel 26 or 28awg for main wires (battery and led strip + and -), and 32awg for accent leds and switches are highly recommended
Note 2: These instructions will not cover how to wire the soundboard, make sure to learn how to by reading the manual. Make sure to test your install along the way! Making sure everything works after important steps is better than having to dismount everything because something wasn’t wired properly.
WORK IN PROGRESS